Monday, May 3, 2010

food is more fabulous with friends


This morning Hannah and I met at her house to make breakfast which turned into brunch (the best meal of the day). I just bought a bunch of asparagus through Rosewood Market that is from a farm in Batesburg and she had some bacon in her fridge, and I picked a quart of strawberries from City Roots this morning (more on that later) - a perfect set-up for breakfast.

I scrambled and seasoned 4 eggs with salt, pepper and crushed red pepper. I thinly sliced asparagus on the bias, cooked some bacon and diced it, and heated some butter in a large skillet. I poured in the egg mixture, added the asparagus and bacon, and scrambled the eggs until almost done then added a handful of mozzarella cheese.

On the side we had wheat toast and butter, fresh strawberries, coffee and water. Mmm Mmm Mmm (in the words of my Grandma). There is nothing like best friends, farm fresh foods, brunch, coffee, good conversation and encouragement in the mornings on the brink of summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment