Saturday, June 19, 2010

blogging for a budget

As I continue to think of ideas and topics to write about, a lot of times I feel drained of new ideas or new recipes or new topics of interest. This blog is a fun and much needed outlet for me, but sometimes I just don't know what the people want (and as we know, you gotta give the people what they want). I have been voicing my concerns and Andrew suggested I do some blogs along the lines of budgeting - how to eat off of $x in one week? or how to throw a dinner party for $40 or less? - and so I am going to be thinking about those things and planning to do some blogging in the near future on menus to create for a certain budget. What are some realistic budgets? what are some realistic scenarios? For me, I love cooking for 2 and I love cooking for 15 - sometimes 15 is easier than 2, so I will try to talk about how to cook small portions without having a lot of waste. Get ready, and give me some good ideas!

3 comments:

  1. So good! I would love some recipes for 2, healthy. We have a good amount of spices in our pantry, but one thing that is hard for me is finding good recipes that don't require me to buy a hundred ingredients.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am free Tuesday and Thursday! Let me know if you have some time, love. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also... summer crock pot recipes! All i can think of is chili and lasagna and that seems a little cold weather-ish.

    ReplyDelete