Thursday, June 17, 2010

Tomato Basil Chicken with Linguine

Once I finally made my way to the grocery store I have been having renewed fun in the kitchen, mostly with Villa Tronco-inspired dishes. Today I made a chicken dish for Carley and me - pan-fried chicken cutlets in a tomato and basil cream sauce over linguine. I needed to use up the last half of tomato after Monday's bruschetta and I have been trying to use my beloved little basil plant which I keep killing but refuses to give up (it always revives. Trusty little thing).

Chicken with Tomato-Basil Sauce

2 chicken cutlets (or breasts, or whatever you want)Flour
s & p
6 basil leaves; 3/4 minced, 1/4 chiffonade
garlic
Half of a tomato, finely diced
Butter
Milk/cream/half & halfLinguine

Heat vegetable oil and butter in a saute pan; dredge chicken in flour and cook on one side. Season chicken with salt and pepper - when cooked on one side, flip chicken, add garlic and tomatoes and half of 3/4 of your minced basil. Season with a bit of s & p - when chicken is cooked through add a a bit of cream or half and half to dish and let incorporate. Serve over linguine noodles and garnish with fresh chiffonade basil!

*to chiffonade basil, lay each leaf flat on top of the other. Roll all leaves up together and make cuts as if mincing. the result is a long, thin piece of basil that has a curl to it.


This is picture I borrowed from this page on Wikipedia for more clarity:



No comments:

Post a Comment