Monday, May 17, 2010

asparagus

Asparagus...I am obsessed with asparagus. I was on my City Roots strawberry kick for awhile (that reminds me..I need some more before the season is over) but now my favorite food to eat everyday is asparagus. How do I eat it? At work I like to grill it, tossed in some olive oil and salt and pepper. or cut up into little pieces and tossed into pasta, with broccoli. or in scrambled eggs in the mornings with spinach and muenster cheese (thanks carley). or raw when I am chopping and want to grab a little sliver to munch on. my favorite asparagus dish was a side I made for Adam Bedenbaugh's house-warming party about a year ago: roasted asparagus with goat cheese, lemon zest and fresh bacon crumbles. mmm. so good.

Asparagus FEELS healthy but I haven't known the health benefits of it until now - high in potassium, folic acid (helps cell regeneration), thiamin, vitamins A, B6 and C! and a little fun fact from webMD: asparagus is also an aphrodisiac. what a perfect food (besides the expense: but a little asparagus goes a long way).

cheers to asparagus.

1 comment: