Saturday, May 15, 2010

hi there

my, time flies by. my time flies by. it has been nearly 2 weeks since posting and i am sorry to be a sluggish writer. I have worked about 60-65 hours at my internship in the last 2 weeks and it has been absolutely great! I have fewer epic stories (you can only have a first time for making ravioli once) but I can say that I have been enjoying the more mundane, repetitious parts of the job as much as the new intriguing stuff. my feet hurt (a lot, but not quite as much as at the Masters. no tears. yet) and I am trying to sort out how to use my time wisely when I have a few short hours of my own day to play with when working 35 hours a week. but i am getting so much better at speaking Spanish!

our lunch shift is 9-3 which is a nice - going in in the mornings affords more energy to spend on work and you get to skip the obnoxious mopping and sweeping of closing. our dinner shifts are from 3-close which are more tiresome but so much fun when the nights are busy.

some good specials and flavor combinations i have seen this week - salmon in an orange and basil sauce, pan seared flounder in a rosemary and pineapple sauce, filet mignon with spinach and artichoke cream sauce, seafood risotto, salad with fresh strawberries, toasted almonds, cheddar cheese and strawberry dressing.

Andrew and Amanda graduated (!), the summer is here and we have been celebrating by lots of get togethers, beer, dinners at Hunter Gatherer, and I have been getting my hands dirty fixing up my old bike. I still can't decide if it is worth the time and money - I guess it is worth it until it's not. I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment