Thursday, July 29, 2010

Kitchen Wishlist

Well, every girl has her wishlist, especially the kitchen fiends. I am going to start mine short and simple: 3 coveted appliances I long for in my kitchen.

1. the Kitchenaid Artisan Stand Mixer -

I borrowed this picture from Design*Sponge because, well, she makes it look so homey on her countertop. I love the vintage look of the pistachio color - classy and sweet, but not overly pretentious like the Paula Deans and Giada de Laurentiis of the world (actually I really like Giada). Mom has a miniature KitchenAid and I love going home to use it - it made my two wedding cakes so much less stressful, it makes baking cookies a cinch, and it is perfect for things like mixing up big batches of aioli or cold sauces. Oh, KitchenAid, you last for years and you make the homemaking life easy, and you are compensated for it generously. At $349.99 a pop I will be waiting for you on my wedding registry or my magic lottery numbers (who is to say which will come first?).

2. Taylor Digital Measuring Cup Scale -
A nice accomplice in the kitchen because well, it measures dry AND wet ingredients. It switches to almost any needed measurement unit - I love the precision of a digital scale and having the certainty of knowing my measurements are on while baking. Of course, it could never take the place of having cute measuring cup sets laying around the kitchen - it is more like an added convenience/indulgence. But aren't all wishlist items?

3. Williams-Sonoma Ravioli Maker -

Since working at Villa Tronco, my craving to make homemade raviolis to freeze, to give away, to have fun parties this coming winter, has gone from 0 to 60. I thought homemade raviolis sounded whimsical and fun, but pointless. Now that I make raviolis by hand on a regular basis, my opinion has changed. It is not just whimsical and fun, it is essential. That Butternut Squash Ravioli with Sage and Brown Butter recipe I have had on file for over a year? Done. Give me this ravioli press and a rolling pin, and I can even make do without the Pasta Machine. Raviolis stuffed with portabella mushrooms? Yes. Raviolis stuffed with fresh and aged cheeses? Yes. Raviolis stuffed with meatsauce? Yes. Buy me this press for a mere $25, say the word, and your greatest desired ravioli will be my command.

No comments:

Post a Comment